Teas of the world, but mostly of China

A blog about my adventures in tea.
Tea Reviews, Tea room reviews, recommended tea sellers.

Thursday 24 April 2014

Review: Pai Mu Tan by Yumchaa

I picked up a 50g packet of Pai Mu Tan on a recent trip to London and bought it at the Yumchaa teahouse, drank it continuously for a few weeks. Yum!  
Then it ran out and I regretted the decision to leave a good dose of the tea at my friend's place in London. Cry!


Pai Mu Tan, China [White, Floral] ***** $$$           by Yumchaa, UK 

Other Names: Bai Mu Dan



The leaves are really colourful and both the taste and smell was very unlike my only other white tea experience Silver Needle.
First Brew: can be quite subtle unless you give it a long enough brew, first taste is smooth
als, oolongs
Second Brew: the floral notes really start to open up on this brew Similar teas: Chinese florals







No comments:

Post a Comment